Tuesday, August 5, 2008

4:48

It is really early in the morning. Late last night, right before I finally went to sleep, I went to check on her. I stood in the doorway, waiting to hear her rattling breath. I held my own breath while I entered the room. I expected her to be cold, but she was not. I leaned in, and she was breathing so relaxed. I feel like Heavenly Father has given her a gift. It was a gift to me too. She is still alive now, but she is still so comfortable. I hope she stays peaceful like this until she dies.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I just wanted you to know I've been thinking about you and hope that you are doing ok. I'm sure you have a lot of family around, but know that you have a lot of people thinking and praying for you and your sweet mother. Keep us posted when you can.

E said...

I heard the news. I hope you're doing all right. Wish I could be there for you. Let me know if there's anything I could do back here.