Sunday, December 21, 2008

Son Of A...

Beautiful mother, that is how I would describe my husband. Tonight was my MIL's turn at dinner. The drive was treacherous with all this snow, and we were debating risking our lives, but the promise of Mary's brisket was like a beacon, lighting our way. And it did not disappoint! Tom was talking about it the whole way home, which made me hungry all over again. I am getting spoiled by all the great food. It is like Thanksgiving every Sunday, but without the turkey (I am possibly fixing turkey when it is my turn). Tom was in such a hurry to get home that we almost missed out on the dessert. I know, you should have seen my face-horrified. Thankfully, Mary saw the sadness, and fixed us a plate to take with us.
The best part was the game. It was a game of riddles, and it was more fun than my meager vocabulary could describe. All you need to know is that thanks to this game I increased my vocabulary by exactly four words. We did end up losing to Sara and Morgan, but they were nice enough to share the prize with us all (you're welcome for "Up On The House Top")
Next Sunday is my turn. I guess we will see if hosting is as fun as attending.

10 comments:

Memzy said...

Mmmmm brisket

Hot Pants said...

It was a collaborated effort. Sara got the final one with my hint and we both gave her several. So she kind of had to share. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. I was gonna feel bad if anything happened after I made fun of Tom being scared.

Amanda said...

Describe the game! I want to play it!

E said...

So my mom'll post pictures, right? This is getting to be my own little tradition, reading about your dinners on this blog, and see the pictures on mom's. Sweetness.

ManicMandee said...

You all get together so often. That is awesome. Is it going to be a weekly thing indefinitely?

Emily said...

Ooooh, Mary's brisket is THE BEST!

Mary said...

So glad you guys made it to dinner. It wouldn't have been the same without our newest Idaho resident kiddies.

My post will follow soon...you beat me every time!

eekareek said...

Yes, mom, Katie is VERY competitive. That was a fun little game last night. I don't know why I have to stress out aso badly whenever I play a game. Do the other competitive Baileys get like that?

Krissy said...

Family dinners are always the best! Good food and good company, it doesn't get any better than that!

Anna B said...

I love that blessed Brisket too. Thanks for the mental image.